Custom search string question

paul knight

Feb 6, 2015, 12:19:48 PM2/6/15
to tvre...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Currently I use the search function to find missing episodes. Some shows I get in 720P and others in 1080P. Is there a way I can customise the search string to include this, either manually entering against each show or even better pulling it from the local folder name?

Thanks in advance.

Andy B

Jul 8, 2015, 2:36:15 PM7/8/15
to tvre...@googlegroups.com
I'm no expert, but the only way I can think of doing this is to use a couple of custom search engine entries in Options > Search Engines.

I tend to look (initially) for HDTV Xvid files and my (current) preferred search engine is Kickass so I've created a custom entry in "Search Engines" that looks like this: -

Which appends xvid and hdtv to the search for me.

I know Kickass has "OR" functionality so something like: -

https://kat.cr/usearch/{ShowName} s{Season:2}e{Episode2} 1080p OR 720p/

would only find stuff containing 1080p OR 720p

It may take some fiddling around to get the syntax right for a particular torrent search engine but it works...

Andy B

Jul 10, 2015, 1:33:26 PM7/10/15
to tvre...@googlegroups.com
Afterthought...

If your access to the torrent search engines is blocked by your ISP you can also tweak the settings to use a proxy -

the example in my previous post can be rewritten as: -

for more info about searching with a proxy take a look at proxyof.com