my game project

Subharerk Chaiwattanakun

Mar 5, 2015, 2:53:38 AM3/5/15
to turbulenz-e...@googlegroups.com
hi, i'm newbie in turbulenz engine, i try to read document and watch youtube video but i still have some question about this

- how i write menu page, game page and another page? (in example is 1 page game so i did't find guideline)
- i write game in 2D but i want game view is 2.5D (isometric) how can i do that?
- can i use texture is button to click and execute something or go to other page?
- my game has some part to connect database. what's turbulenz engine class support this, or i must to use AJAX in normal javascript?
- can i write textbox and submit button in game (for login or enter name) and send it store to database?

-have some examples that solve my question?

Thank you very much
:)

Ian Ballantyne

Apr 9, 2015, 5:20:35 AM4/9/15
to turbulenz-e...@googlegroups.com
A few answers to your questions:

On Thursday, 5 March 2015 07:53:38 UTC, Subharerk Chaiwattanakun wrote:
hi, i'm newbie in turbulenz engine, i try to read document and watch youtube video but i still have some question about this

- how i write menu page, game page and another page? (in example is 1 page game so i did't find guideline)
Turbulenz Engine doesn't have the concept of a menu page, as such, instead provides the underlying tools to allow you to build one. There are a few topics discussing ways to build a menu here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/turbulenz-engine-users/kHfPkC8_wO4

- i write game in 2D but i want game view is 2.5D (isometric) how can i do that?
It sounds like you would need to have an isometric tile set of 2D assets. You would use draw2D the same way you would for any other 2D game. I seem to remember to one of our users who wanted to do isometric from 3D using an orthographic camera: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/turbulenz-engine-users/BPVWJ19cyDs

- can i use texture is button to click and execute something or go to other page?
You can use texture for buttons. See the Tic-tac-toe sample

- my game has some part to connect database. what's turbulenz engine class support this, or i must to use AJAX in normal javascript?
If you have your own DB then using normal AJAX requests is fine. You can use that instead of the Turbulenz Services if required.

- can i write textbox and submit button in game (for login or enter name) and send it store to database?
As mentioned above Turbulenz Engine doesn't have menu widgets, you could use the browser's DOM input or try using a canvas input library like Zebkit.