Tg 2.3.9 and MultiDBAppConfig

Luca Verardi

Aug 12, 2016, 2:34:15 AM8/12/16
to TurboGears
hi all,
I upgrade my TG version to 2.3.9 and i got this error:

  File "/home/user/Workspace/APP/trunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tg/configuration/app_config.py", line 761, in _setup_sqlalchemy
    engine = engine_from_config(conf, 'sqlalchemy.')
  File "/home/user/Workspace/APP/trunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/__init__.py", line 407, in engine_from_config
    url = options.pop('url')
KeyError: 'url'

Change something about MultiDBAppConfig ?

Alessandro Molina

Aug 12, 2016, 5:27:34 AM8/12/16
to TurboGears

What's MultiDBAppConfig?

Was it a lot that you didn't upgrade? 2.3.9 doesn't include changes to config system, but previous versions did. Read upgrading page on tg docs to check them all.

I suspect it might be related to changes to signature in after_init_config method or to the fact that config is now per-app instead of process wide to make easier to mix multiple apps per process. Those are all changes introduces in previous 2.3 versions that might be related to your issue