TurboGears 2.3.5 Released

Alessandro Molina

Apr 30, 2015, 5:47:27 AM4/30/15
to TurboGears
Sorry for being late, but I forgot to post the update on Mailing List :)

TurboGears 2.3.5 has been released on PyPi and the changelog is available at https://plus.google.com/+turbogears/posts/UVSdg9rJiUz

One of the most interesting improvements in 2.3.5 is a config system refactoring (backport of some changes occurring in 2.4 to provide a cleaner, easier and flexible configuration system) which made possible to provide a coherent namespacing of many configuration options and document them at http://turbogears.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/config-options.html

Also configuration options now have a clear behaviour, .ini files always win over app_cfg for most of them (apart some rare cases for historical reasons) while before it was unpredictable.

Michael Pedersen

Apr 30, 2015, 6:10:03 AM4/30/15
to tg-trunk
Thank you Alessandro! This is great news. I'll update my deploy scripts that I've been building tonight, nd hopefully release them this weekend!

Michael J. Pedersen