error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('tg.devtools')

David Christian

Jun 14, 2015, 12:31:18 PM6/14/15
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
I'm a TurboGears newbie and walking through "TurboGears 2.2.2 Standard Installation" I go to to the step:

"(tg2env)$ easy_install -i http://tg.gy/current tg.devtools "

and I got the error:

"error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('tg.devtools')"

When I hit the the page, http://tg.gy/current, I get an error page:

http://www.turbogears.org/2.2/downloads/current/index

Not Found

The requested URL /2.2/downloads/current/index was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) Server at www.turbogears.org Port 80

any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Denis Girard

Jun 14, 2015, 5:26:51 PM6/14/15
to turbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi David,

Don't know why you get this error, but latest version of TurboGears is
2.3.5, why do try to install version 2.2.2?

The documentation for installing the latest version is here:
http://turbogears.readthedocs.org/en/latest/turbogears/install.html

Good luck,
- --
Jean-Denis Girard
SysNux Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/ Tél: +689 40.50.10.40 / GSM: +689 87.79.75.27