Distribution / deployment

Jean-Denis Girard

Apr 13, 2016, 3:45:53 PM4/13/16
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi list,

What is the recommended method to package a tg-2.3.8 application? A few
years ago, I remember making an egg and installing it was enough, but it
seems it no longer works, as gearbox does not seem to be included. What
am I missing?

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
https://www.sysnux.pf/ Tél: +689 40.50.10.40 / GSM: +689 87.797.527

signature.asc

Alessandro Molina

Apr 14, 2016, 6:13:43 AM4/14/16
to TurboGears
Gearbox is not included only because your application doesn't require it, it might run ony WSGI server and usually you don't use gearbox for production.
If you want your application to run on gearbox just add gearbox as a dependency of the application itself in setup.py

Bests,
Alessandro

Jean-Denis Girard

Apr 15, 2016, 12:18:36 AM4/15/16
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alessandro,

ok, understood, thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
--

Le 14/04/2016 00:13, Alessandro Molina a écrit :
> Gearbox is not included only because your application doesn't require
> it, it might run ony WSGI server and usually you don't use gearbox for
> production.
> If you want your application to run on gearbox just add gearbox as a
> dependency of the application itself in setup.py
>
> Bests,
> Alessandro
>

> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Jean-Denis Girard <jd.g...@sysnux.pf
> <mailto:jd.g...@sysnux.pf>> wrote:
>
> Hi list,
>
> What is the recommended method to package a tg-2.3.8 application? A few
> years ago, I remember making an egg and installing it was enough, but it
> seems it no longer works, as gearbox does not seem to be included. What
> am I missing?
>

> Thanks,
> --
> Jean-Denis Girard
>
> SysNux Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
> https://www.sysnux.pf/ Tél: +689 40.50.10.40
> <tel:%2B689%2040.50.10.40> / GSM: +689 87.797.527
> <tel:%2B689%2087.797.527>
>
> --
>

> --
signature.asc