TG2 and docker

Craig Small

Apr 23, 2017, 7:08:09 PM4/23/17
to TurboGears
Anyone got TG2 and docker going? An initial look seems to be use waitress for the server. Not sure if it still should use virtenv or not. My plan is to front end it with either a ngix or apache proxy.

The examples I have seen were too bulky using a full install rather than pairing down to the bare minimum.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small (@smallsees)   http://dropbear.xyz/     csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux           http://www.debian.org/   csmall at : debian.org

Mattia Meleleo

May 20, 2017, 1:23:12 PM5/20/17
to TurboGears
Hi, i did this just to learn docker: https://github.com/mmat11/tg2docker

It uses postgres, gunicorn and nginx. I should make a script in order to substitute some name that should be taken from the ENV, but if you wanna run postgres on the standard port and you don't want to use fancy instance names it should be fine as it is.

Let me know if it works, just pull the repository and run "docker-compose build && docker-compose up -d" then go to localhost

Mattia Meleleo

May 20, 2017, 1:27:38 PM5/20/17
to TurboGears
Oh, remember to change the cookie_secret or whatever is called in development.ini, i'll make a script for that aswell