"gearbox serve --reload" doesnt reload

a.p...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2017, 9:54:05 AM4/15/17
to TurboGears
Hi

I'm using Tg2.3.9 on a Ubuntu 16.04.02 machine

I can run "gearbox serve --reload" and serve my project without a problem.
I get "INFO  [gearbox] Starting subprocess with file monitor"
But the --reload option doesn't function as expected
When I save a file in my project directory, say "root.py", nothing happens.

I'm testing things to look for a solution, I found that when I change and save this file (or others in the gearbox path)
"/home/USERNAME/.virtualenvs/ENVNAME/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gearbox/__init__.py"
The reload function works, and the project is reloaded

What can I do?

Thanks for the help

Alessandro Molina

Apr 15, 2017, 6:28:45 PM4/15/17
to TurboGears
--reload option monitors for any change to modules in sys.modules so changing any loaded module should trigger a reload.

Are you sure you are actually serving the application from the files you are modifying?
Most common case for this is installing the application with ``setup.py install`` instead of ``setup.py develop`` which ends up creating a different copy of the application.

אלון פלגי

Apr 28, 2017, 6:04:26 AM4/28/17
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
I guess I forgot to use "python setup.py develop"
I started over, cloned my git repo again, installed everything, used "python setup.py develop" and everything works as expected

Thanks for the help

אלון