Updating an extremely out of date turbogears project

jasper....@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 10:35:15 PM11/10/16
to TurboGears
Hi all,

I recently got tasked with recreating a turbogears project that was created with turbogears 1.1. There's an incredible amount of change, and unfortunately this is not my area of expertise. I'm having trouble with the models in particular. The original project uses Elixir, which hasn't been worked on in a while it seems. My question is this:

Does turbogears 2.3.9 still support elixir at all? Is it even possible to get that working or is it an absolute requirement to rewrite all the existing model code? I don't believe theres any current documentation on the subject of Elixir(which makes sense), but if I'm wrong could someone point me in the right direction?

Thx. :)

Christoph Zwerschke

Nov 11, 2016, 2:28:44 AM11/11/16
to turbo...@googlegroups.com
Am 11.11.2016 um 00:14 schrieb jasper....@gmail.com:
> Does turbogears 2.3.9 still support elixir at all? Is it even possible
> to get that working or is it an absolute requirement to rewrite all the
> existing model code? I don't believe theres any current documentation on
> the subject of Elixir(which makes sense), but if I'm wrong could someone
> point me in the right direction?

You should try to move from Elixir to SQLAlchemy declarative notation
which was added later to SQLAlchemy.

Some links:

Elixir API reference:
http://elixir.ematia.de/apidocs/elixir.html

SqlAlchemy: A Simple Tutorial for Elixir
http://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2010/11/25/sqlalchemy-a-simple-tutorial-for-elixir/

Migrating from Elixir to SQLAlchemy declarative:
https://gist.github.com/booherbg/78e46e17b6086c0d285c

Hope that helps,
-- Christoph