upgrade to bootstrap v4

jeetu

Jan 20, 2018, 3:47:51 AM1/20/18
to TurboGears
Hi all,
As bootstrap v4 is released (https://getbootstrap.com/), Are there any plans for migrating tg2 to latest bootstrap?
What are the components needed to be updated for this to happen other than the master template?
I can send some pull request with a bit of hand-holding from tg admins if required.

Alessandro Molina

Jan 21, 2018, 1:18:37 PM1/21/18
to TurboGears
Yes, adding bootstrap4 support is planned, but not on short term.
Adding support for bootstrap4 is not a quick thing as all "standard" pluggable apps and extensions must be adapted to support it too while retaining compatibility with bootstrap 3 for currently existing projects. Current priority is 2.4 release with new configuration system, so I don't expect Bootstrap4 to happen in the next few months.

If you want to have a look on how a v4 support can be contributed starting from tgext.crud and tgext.admin and adding a bootstrap4 layout to them is probably a good start.

jeetu

Gavin Schumaker

Jan 24, 2018, 2:15:10 PM1/24/18
to turbo...@googlegroups.com