Unable to import OVPN file

joss...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2018, 12:04:36 PM4/3/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hello,

I'm having trouble importing a configuration file for Tunnelblick. I can install the application without any problems. When I try to import the OVPN file I get an error "An error occurred. See the Console Log for details". When I view the console log I see a line "Converting/Installing... ovpn is missing."

I've tried recreating the file and certificate. Both are in the same folder location which I've also tried moving to the root of the drive. I've verified that both files have full read/write permissions but I still get the same error.

I tried to uninstall Tunnelblick via the uninstall tool but I also get an error "The command exited with a non-zero status (1)".

Not sure what to do next, any ideas?

Thanks

Joss

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 3, 2018, 12:09:03 PM4/3/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
What is the name of the OVPN file, and how did you "import" it?

Tunnelblick will install OpenVPN files if they have an extension of ".ovpn" or ".conf" and you drag the file and drop it on the Tunnelblick icon in the menu bar.