Problem with iOS and openvpn

lro...@fullbrand.it

Jun 10, 2016, 11:15:13 AM6/10/16
to tunnelblick-discuss

Hello there,

I have recently intaled my own VPN using Tunnelblink in my office and it work properly with mac OS client. Today I need to conect my Iphone i my LAN so i downloaded OpenVPN for IOS, I install my configuartion and when I try to conect in the LAN the error was "IOS doesen't support TAP-based tunnels" (see the image for a LOG).

The question is how I can resolve?

Best regard

Luca

jkbull...gmail.com

Jun 10, 2016, 11:26:34 AM6/10/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, lro...@fullbrand.it
This is really an OpenVPN/iOS question, but my understanding is that, as the message says, OpenVPN on iOS does not support "tap" connections. So if you want to connect an iOS client, you must use a "tun" connection.

Since you control the VPN server, you must reconfigure it to use a "tun" connection. How to do that is an OpenVPN configuration question, and you won't find much help here, so I suggest you get help from OpenVPN experts: