VMware Workstation 12, OSx 10.12.0, Tunnelblick 3.7.0 connected to the server, but unable to connect to the SMB share on this server (using IP address).

hjos...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2017, 5:11:56 PM2/8/17
to tunnelblick-discuss, Joska Hajdu
Hi everybody,

In my case Openvpn is for connecting to the samba share on the remote server. Openvpn server and the the samba share is on the same remote host. The client hosts works as normal, reach the internet their local internet connection, their public IP address doesnot change, DNS is from the local router. Connections work with the server public IP address. Evererything works well, including all windows clients, and one mac clients too, with one exception: there is one additional mac client running on VMware workstation 12 (for testing purpose only).

The problem is with this mac running on the WMware workstation. Tunnelblick 3.7.0 installed, with the same openvpn configuration than the other windows clients. Tunnelblick can connect to the server without any problem.

When I try to connect the samba share with the smb://10.8.0.1 command I got a messages "There was a problem connecting to the server". Using cifs protocol the results is the same. It is possible to connect to the share as guest, but the result is not changes when I connect with valid username and password. I can ping the 10.8.0.1 server. I feel the problem is with the smb authentication process.

The connecting to the server (finder GO menu) process works as a charm when I connect to the local windows 7 hosts, providing their IP address.

What should I do? Any help is appreciated.

hjoska