Tunnelblick 3.6.4a no longer connects to NetGear Nighthawk router

joost....@trivento.nl

Jul 6, 2016, 8:21:51 AM7/6/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi,

Since I installed the latest version of Tunnelblick this morning, I can no longer connect to my Netgear router. Before it worked flawlessly. I restarted my MacBook, restarted the router, removed the VPN setting and imported them again. Nothing helps.

In the Tunnelblick log I see a TLS negotiation key failed error (60 sec time-out). No idea why this is happening.

jkbull...gmail.com

Jul 6, 2016, 8:28:11 AM7/6/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, joost....@trivento.nl
Please follow the instructions at Read Before You Post to get the info needed to diagnose problems and then post that info.

I suspect the problem is that you are using short keys (512 or 768 bits). See my comment on another thread.

joost....@trivento.nl

Jul 6, 2016, 9:41:24 AM7/6/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, joost....@trivento.nl
Thanks for pointing me in this direction. I'm going to see what I can do at the Netgear side, as the router generates my VPN settings file.

joost....@trivento.nl

Jul 6, 2016, 5:24:56 PM7/6/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, joost....@trivento.nl
Okay, it worked.
Netgear released new firmware for their WIFI routers recently. I Installed it and generated a new VPN setting file. With this new file, Tunnelblick was able to connect again.

Thanks for the quick help. Awesome!

jkbull...gmail.com

Jul 6, 2016, 5:29:29 PM7/6/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, joost....@trivento.nl