Tunnelblick daily limits

aro

Mar 17, 2015, 8:24:34 AM3/17/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I'm new to Tunnelblick.  I've been using it for just over a week to connect to one of the London servers from France.  My problem is that after watching one episode, I get a SecurityKiss message telling me that I have exceeded my daily limit.  One day I got to watch 4 episodes for some reason, but otherwise it's strictly one episode.  The screen I get tells me when I can reconnect - but it seems to change enormously from day to day - some days it's 20 hours plus till the next connection time, some days it's 7 or 8.  I can't figure the thing out - is this normal?  Can I only expect to be able to connect for 45 minutes per day?  Or is there a paid service I need to sign up to?  I've searched everywhere on Tunnelblick and I can't find anything to help.  I know Tunnelblick is not a VPN, but the version I have is a deployed version with all that already set up - so if I need to upgrade or something, then surely they should have some info about it on the site?

Thanks for your help in advance.

jkbull...gmail.com

Mar 17, 2015, 8:39:25 AM3/17/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, aideenr...@gmail.com
You need to contact your VPN service provider (apparently SecurityKiss). That is the organization which gave you your configuration files, and perhaps a username and password, and to which you are probably paying a fee for VPN service. For more information, please see  Getting VPN Service.

Tunnelblick is just the free software that many VPN service providers recommend or supply to their customers. We do not provide VPN service, just software.

The Tunnelblick project does not create or distribute "deployed" versions, nor do we have any control over them, nor are we notified when they are created or modified. In other words, we have nothing to do with deployed versions other than provide some of the code for creating them.

The deployed version you are using was created by SecurityKiss (or whoever your VPN service provider is) from our source code by adding their own configuration information, and upgrades must be provided by them.

Note: If the deployed version of Tunnelblick that SecurityKiss is providing is actually named "Tunnelblick", it is a very old version of Tunnelblick that contains several serious security vulnerabilities. Contact SecurityKiss and ask if they have an updated version, which should not be named "Tunnelblick". (More recent versions of Tunnelblick cannot be named "Tunnelblick", they must be "rebranded".)