pre-connect.sh script automatically deleted

haus...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 11:31:26 AM10/10/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
I apologize if I'm missing something obvious. I placed a simple pre-connect.sh script in my configuration directory:

/Library/Application\ Support/Tunnelblick/Users/<USERNAME>/Internet.tblk/Contents/Resources/

Permissions and ownership are exactly the same as everything else in that directory (root/wheel, chmod 700). I've tried it with chmod 755 as well.

Whenever I start the VPN connection, the pre-connect.sh script is deleted and never run. Does Tunnelblick expect something I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

- Nate

Tunnelblick developer

Oct 10, 2016, 11:43:37 AM10/10/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, haus...@gmail.com
If you manually modify the files and folders that Tunnelblick manages you'll run into problems like this.

Instead, create a new configuration (with the same name, "Internet.tblk") that includes with the script you want, and install it as usual (drag/drop on the Tunnelblick icon in the menu bar or the list of configurations in the "VPN Details" window). Tunnelblick will take care of setting up the two copies of the file properly with the correct ownership and permissions (yes, there are two copies and you changed only one; that's one of causes of the problem you're having).

If a new configuration has the same name as an existing one, it will replace the existing one.

haus...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 11:50:06 AM10/10/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, haus...@gmail.com
Ahh, okay I will give that a shot. Thank you!