Unable to Build R3300

Daniel Chan

Apr 25, 2015, 9:30:46 PM4/25/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Attached is the list of errors on R3300 when I attempted to build Tunnelblick on XCode 6.3.1.

Any idea on how to resolve it? I checked out the latest SVN and replaced the xcodeproj as said on the readme.

Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 9.27.53 am.png

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 25, 2015, 10:44:19 PM4/25/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Run (from Terminal):

xcode-select --install

This was added to Building from Source only yesterday; it hasn't been added to the README or committed yet.

You should also have installed the autotools using third_party/ShellScriptToInstallAutotools.sh.

Daniel Chan

Apr 26, 2015, 2:25:46 AM4/26/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Oh I see, I managed to get that sorted. It's now compiling properly without errors. I'm now encountering another issue with the configs that I know work on Windows.

Below is my config file with the IP address redacted. When attempting to connect, it gives the error in the screenshot.

client
dev tun
scramble obfuscate 0BYqOE3ZeOmqgUj8Hb5c
proto udp
remote IPADDRESSHERE 443
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ns-cert-type server
cipher AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo
verb 3
auth-user-pass
ca ca.crt

Screen Shot 2015-04-26 at 2.24.31 pm.png

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 26, 2015, 6:25:55 AM4/26/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Install configurations by double-clicking them, not by placing them directly into Tunnelblick's folders. (Remove anything you manually placed in Tunnelblick's folders out of the folders first.)

If double-clicking doesn't work, try dragging and dropping them on the Tunnelblick application in /Applications.

Note: Tunnelblick itself must be installed by double-clicking it, **not** by dragging it to the /Applications folder.

The configuration you posted looks OK, but a good connection also requires the server configuration be OK and that the instructions that the server sends to the client (the "push" info) be OK. Often servers push "Windows only" OpenVPN options to the client (your computer), and that can be problematic. See Read Before You Post for the info to post if there are connection problems.

Daniel Chan

Apr 26, 2015, 6:57:22 AM4/26/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
For some weird reason, it's not working on the build I created from source (unmodified from SVN checkout). BUT it is working on the snapshot that you uploaded.

I tried placing the OpenVPN config files in the deploy folder located within /Resources but I guess that method doesn't work anymore?

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 26, 2015, 7:18:34 AM4/26/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Ah, sorry, I didn't realize you were making a "Deployed" version. "Deployed" versions of Tunnelblick are not really recommended anymore, but if you make one, be sure to read "Deployed" versions and Signing the Application., but keep in mind that they have not been updated recently.

The configurations in Resources/Deploy must be .tblk configurations. There's a simple way to create .tblk configurations from .ovpn or .conf configurations:

Make sure you've run Tunnelblick at least once and answered the initial questions about updates, etc., then do the following.
  1. Quit Tunneblick if it is open.
  2. Copy all the .ovpn or .conf files and any files associated with them into
     /Users/YOUR-USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations (which already exists)
    If you have a folder structure enclosing the configurations, copy that whole folder structure (including the configurations) instead.
  3. Launch Tunnelblick.
  4. When asked, tell Tunnelblick to convert the configurations.
  5. When done, quit Tunnelblick.
  6. You'll find the configurations converted to .tblk configurations (still inside your folder structure, if any) in
    /Users/YOUR-USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Configurations – drag them out into your "Deploy" folder. (So they are no longer in .../Configurations.)
As to why double-clicking configurations doesn't install them (if that's what you meant by "it's not working on the build I created"), perhaps it has something to do with the snapshot being digitally signed.