Could you just please -ignore- ".csr" files in a ".tblk?"

sundial....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2017, 5:44:34 PM3/14/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
This is just an "annoyance request."  :)

TunnelBlick is absolutely intolerant of any "extraneous" files in a ".tblk" directory.  But it sure would be handy if it would quietly-ignore "certificatename.csr" files.

I use EasyRSA to create the keys, then copy "certificatename.*" into the directory.  Well, if I happen to forget to then delete the CSR file that EasyRSA has created, the configuration won't work.

So – I was just thinking – maybe it could cut me a little slack?

Tunnelblick developer

Mar 14, 2017, 10:49:46 PM3/14/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
Tunnelblick is intolerant of files that are not required by the VPN or that it doesn't know how to secure; a .csr file is both. I am hesitant to start accepting .csr files (or any other file), which would complicate both the code and the documentation without a good reason.

The usual solution to problems like forgetting to delete a file is to use a script to automate the procedure. And in your case, in which Tunnelblick provides a reasonably clear message about what the problem is, and the problem is so easy to fix, I don't see a good reason.

But if a lot of other folks respond that they also have this problem, I'll reconsider.