Deploy Version for Mavericks

stefan...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2014, 7:47:00 AM4/21/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am pretty new to TunnelBlick deploy and currently I need to update the IP Address of our VPN servers. I tried it a while back but according to you help on line I needed the compile the source code using an out of date iOS and XCode. I am now still frustrated that although the new flashy beta version is available, I now cannot create a DEPLOY / Rebranded  version of TunnelBlick containing our updated ovpn files. I have the latest iOS and latest version of XCode. Can someone maybe help me out and tell me if it can be done and how to do it?????? Thank you in advance kind Gurus.
Stefan

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 21, 2014, 8:03:15 AM4/21/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, stefan...@gmail.com
Tunnelblick is built to run on OS X 10.4 through 10.9, and on both PowerPC and Intel processors. It is built using Xcode 3.2.2 because that is the last version of Xcode which produces PowerPC code. (It is built in a virtual machine.)

If you want to build Tunnelblick using a newer version of Xcode, that's fine, but it won't run on PowerPC computers, and there may be problems because it will be built as a 64-bit application, and the code was not written for that. I assume you will get warnings and/or errors from the Xcode compiler.

There was a post about how to build on Lion, which may give you a few hints.

At some point Tunnelblick will drop support for PowerPC processors, at which point it will be updated to build on a later version of Xcode. There are not current plans for this, however.