Tunnelblick as a VPN server – need help determining if I have set things up correctly

staraf...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 8:50:45 AM4/28/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm sorry if its been covered before – I've looked around a bit but are still a bit confused.

My wish is to use a Mac only as VPN server. I have followed instructions and created keys etc. and I think thinks might be correctly setup (I can connect the Mac to VPN, which I guess means it's connecting to itself?), but I feel I'm not certain.

I can feel my ignorance when it comes to this. Could someone guide me to verify that I have done everything correctly?

Thanks in advance!

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 28, 2015, 9:07:57 AM4/28/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, staraf...@gmail.com
That's a pretty open-ended question.

Testing it by connecting it to itself probably isn't much of a test.

I have three suggestions:

Test it by setting up the server, then trying to access it from a different computer using a different network (for example, from an Internet cafe or a Starbucks WiFi).

Don't use the connect "When computer starts" until you know that it is all working. That setting can cause lots of hard-to-diagnose problems.

Note that you can't use "When computer starts" for a configuration that has a private key (a/k/a passphrase) or a username/password.

staraf...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 1:35:42 PM8/26/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, staraf...@gmail.com
Sorry for this super late follow-up, but I just want to say thanks for the info! :)
I hope I will have time to get this up and running the coming weeks. I'll probably post som more questions if that's okay.

Cheers!

jkbull...gmail.com

Aug 26, 2015, 2:25:42 PM8/26/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, staraf...@gmail.com