Two-factor authentication support

alex

Jan 19, 2011, 2:19:16 PM1/19/11
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi guys,

I figured this would be the best place to ask if anyone has had
experience with two-factor authentication and tunnelblick? This is
something that we are looking at doing at our office and was hoping to
get some feedback regarding any gotcha's you guys might encountered.

Thanks for your time!!

jkbull...gmail.com

Jan 19, 2011, 2:35:39 PM1/19/11
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
I know that at one point support was added for "PKCS#11 and Security Tokens, e.g. Aladdin eToken", but there was a later report that it wasn't working. The original contributor no longer had a setup with tokens, and was unable to help debug it.

So it may work, but maybe not. Sorry I can't be more definitive -- perhaps someone who has it working (and therefore hasn't complained that it isn't working!) can chime in. (Or someone else who found it not working, for that matter.)

cmiller

Mar 30, 2012, 11:31:33 AM3/30/12
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
FYI - from what I have observed, two-factor authentication does not work.  The second passcode window (i.e.: for the one-time SMS passcode) does not appear.

Jonathan K. Bullard

Mar 30, 2012, 12:13:41 PM3/30/12
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
I am not familiar enough with this to know: what should be happening? What are the OpenVPN options that are used t trigger this? What else is needed?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM, cmiller <seat...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI - from what I have observed, two-factor authentication does not work.  The second passcode window (i.e.: for the one-time SMS passcode) does not appear.

Jonathan K. Bullard

Mar 6, 2013, 3:09:38 PM3/6/13
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, jdi...@gmail.com
As far as I know, nothing has changed. Using Openvpn 2.2.1 may work for some people. (It's on the "Preferences" tab.)

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM, <jdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is 2FA still broken?

On Friday, March 30, 2012 9:13:41 AM UTC-7, jkbull...gmail.com wrote:
I am not familiar enough with this to know: what should be happening? What are the OpenVPN options that are used t trigger this? What else is needed?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM, cmiller <seat...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI - from what I have observed, two-factor authentication does not work.  The second passcode window (i.e.: for the one-time SMS passcode) does not appear.

dsc...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 6:28:07 PM6/1/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, jdi...@gmail.com
1/Jun/2015 - Just installed Tunnelblick V3.5.0

2-factor is "still" broke :(

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at 3:09:38 PM UTC-5, jkbull...gmail.com wrote:
As far as I know, nothing has changed. Using Openvpn 2.2.1 may work for some people. (It's on the "Preferences" tab.)

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM, <jdi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is 2FA still broken?

On Friday, March 30, 2012 9:13:41 AM UTC-7, jkbull...gmail.com wrote:
I am not familiar enough with this to know: what should be happening? What are the OpenVPN options that are used t trigger this? What else is needed?

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM, cmiller <seat...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI - from what I have observed, two-factor authentication does not work.  The second passcode window (i.e.: for the one-time SMS passcode) does not appear.

jkbull...gmail.com

Jun 1, 2015, 6:37:48 PM6/1/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, dsc...@gmail.com, dsc...@gmail.com
It will remain broken until someone fixes it. Tunnelblick is open source; feel free to fix it and contribute the fix back to the community.

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 1, 2018, 7:04:20 AM8/1/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Note: This is a very old thread.

Tunnelblick 3.7.7beta04 includes support for Multi-factor and Two-factor Authentication. (MFA and 2FA.)

spoilspo...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2018, 6:27:01 PM10/2/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I saw that in the release notes, and I'm interested - very much so - but I think I need a little more info to make use of it. Currently using Google Authenticator to make a password of the form "<static password><totp value>". While I currently have this scripted against Keychain for security, I'd kinda like to make it a little more automated / convenient.

Tunnelblick developer

Oct 2, 2018, 6:52:11 PM10/2/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
For more details about the OpenVPN part of dynamic challenge/response, see my post at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/tunnelblick-discuss/vHylYKVjvJw/55V_cBx7BAAJ.

martin reedsy

Oct 30, 2023, 8:29:31 PM10/30/23
to tunnelblick-discuss
Keep in mind that the specific features and offerings of Protectimus may evolve over time, so it's advisable to visit their official website or contact them directly to get the most up-to-date information on their 2FA solutions and offerings. Using Two-Factor Authentication Provider, like Protectimus provides, is a vital security measure to protect user accounts and sensitive data from unauthorized access.

среда, 3 октября 2018 г. в 01:52:11 UTC+3, Tunnelblick developer: