Does Tunnelblick allow the other end (my office) to access my computer ?

muamme...@gmail.com

May 12, 2018, 9:14:31 AM5/12/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
hello,
I'm using Tunnelblick to connect to my office computer which is part of the office network.
Could office staff access my computer if they wanted to?

Tunnelblick developer

May 12, 2018, 9:24:06 AM5/12/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
It is very unlikely, but it depends completely on the way that the VPN is set up. You should ask your IT department or whoever gave you the VPN configuration file(s).

muamme...@gmail.com

May 12, 2018, 9:26:54 AM5/12/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
My IT department set it up, but I could get a dishonest answer if I asked,
after all if I trusted IT department 100%, I wouldn't worry about it anyway.
Is there a way of asking them indirectly?

Tunnelblick developer

May 12, 2018, 9:41:07 AM5/12/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I don't think there's anything you can ask them indirectly that would answer your original question.

Probably the best you can do is to turn off everything in System Preferences > Sharing.

Note that when connected to the office VPN, everything you do on the Internet may be visible to your company. (But maybe not: this, too, depends on the way the VPN is set up.)

muamme...@gmail.com

May 12, 2018, 11:27:59 AM5/12/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Thank you so much for the answers