Tunnelblick as Server: Cannot reconnect after Dyn-IP change

Max Flint

Aug 14, 2016, 8:39:22 AM8/14/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi Folks,

I configured Tunnelblick as VPN-Server and got everything up and running except for one thing.

Each time I get a new IP by my ISP for the server, the external IP gets updated via Dyndns but I cannot connect again until the connection gets manually reset via disconnect/connect. I hope this is just some small config thing but I couldn't find anything out there in the net and I think I'm missing something.

My config:

port 53486
proto udp
dev tun
ca ca.crt
cert server.crt
key server.key
dh dh1024.pem
server 10.9.0.0 255.255.255.0
#ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
#push "redirect-gateway def1"
#push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.100.254"
client-to-client
keepalive 10 120
cipher AES-256-CBC
comp-lzo
max-clients 10
user nobody
group nobody
persist-key
persist-tun
status openvpn-status.log
verb 3
local 192.168.100.151

 Thanks for your help!

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 14, 2016, 8:54:18 AM8/14/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, christia...@puls-medien.de
Please follow the instructions at Read Before You Post to get the info needed to diagnose problems and then post that info.

In your case, I guess you will need to supply the diagnostic info showing the problem from both the server and a client.