Specify what network interface to use

justint...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2015, 2:59:10 PM12/3/15
to tunnelblick-discuss

I'm looking for a way to specify which network interface Tunnelblick should use. I have a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter that is connected one network and my wifi interface connected to another. I’d like to have Tunnelblick use the wifi network interface. I've looked through the documentation but have not found my answer. Is this an available option? If not, any suggested alternatives?

jkbull...gmail.com

Dec 3, 2015, 3:46:06 PM12/3/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, justint...@gmail.com
Tunnelblick itself does not have a way to do this, nor does OpenVPN.

I think you'd have to set up routing and/or IPTables or something like that.

A quick search on openvpn use a specific network interface shows this for Linux; perhaps something similar would work:

If you do figure out how to do it, please post back here to share it with others.