Getting error "Your system clock may not be set correctly"

ibl...@gmail.com

May 18, 2017, 2:19:02 PM5/18/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
I am getting the following error when I start my macbook

Your system clock may not be set correctly.
Some or all of your configurations may not connect unless the system clock has the correct date and time

Tunnelblick still works fine but I am not sure why it is failing

Ismael

May 18, 2017, 2:19:53 PM5/18/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
I am using version Tunnelblick 3.7.1 (build 4811)

Tunnelblick developer

May 18, 2017, 2:37:50 PM5/18/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
This happens when you launch Tunnelblick and the system's clock says that the date/time are earlier than the last time you launched Tunnelblick or earlier than 2014-03-30 00:00:00 +0000.

Once you see this message, it will appear each time you launch Tunnelblick (unless you check the "Do not warn about this again" box) until you paste the following line into Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities), and press the return/enter key:

defaults delete net.tunnelblick.tunnelblick lastLaunchTime

Older Macs (especially) can lose track of the date/time if their PRAM batteries are failing. See http://www.everythingmacintosh.com/tech-notes/my-date-time-are-wrong/ for details.

If the date/time are not set correctly, there can be problems with good-from and good-until dates in encryption certificates, and that can cause problems connecting to a VPN.

Tunnelblick developer

May 18, 2017, 2:41:39 PM5/18/17
to tunnelblick-discuss, ibl...@gmail.com
It is also possible that your system clock is bad at startup, but that you have checked the box to get the date/time from the Internet. If that's the case, and you launch Tunnelblick before the clock has been corrected from the Internet, you will see this message even after entering the Terminal command. Your only options are to launch Tunnelblick later, after the clock has been corrected, or to ignore the warning, or check the box so Tunnelblick stops displaying it.

Ismael

May 18, 2017, 3:03:59 PM5/18/17
to Tunnelblick developer, tunnelblick-discuss
I have tried stopping and starting tunnelblick an it keeps complaining. My mac is only two years old and it only happens since I installed Sierra. I got some errors on first starts as time was set to 2041, but My time is showing the right time now.

I think I will have to disable this check

Regards,
Ismael