OpenVPN client connects but no LAN or Internet access

Jeff Overton

Apr 3, 2016, 4:00:13 PM4/3/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
My scenario:
OpenVPN client on iOS connects to OpenVPN server 2.3.10 Tunnelblick: OS X 10.11.4; Tunnelblick 3.6.0a (build 4543.4546) but cannot access LAN or Internet.  I've reviewed multiple threads on this site as well as others but have not been able to make any progress.  I'm hoping someone in this group can help me identify the issue(s).

iOS client appears to connect succesfully. However, I cannot access any Internet destination. Here is what I've tested on the client:
ping to the OpenVPN server by ip address is succesful
ping to the OpenVPN server by hostname fails
ping to 8.8.8.8 fails

Log issues I've researched and tested suggested fixes with no success:
1.  /sbin/ifconfig utun0 delete ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCDIFADDR): Can't assign requested address
2.   route: writing to routing socket: File exists add net 10.8.0.0: gateway 10.8.0.2: File exists

Attached is the scrubbed log information from Tunnelblick

Thank you in advance for your help!

log output.txt