Configuration is not secure - bug report / proposal for change

milan...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2016, 9:29:17 AM6/28/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hello

with the latest update my VPN configurations are not working, with the error messages such as "Configuration 'nases_pikula' is not secure. It should be reinstalled."

In fact, in my case it is the exact opposite, they are more secure:

     /Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Users/pikula/nases_pikula.tblk permissions are 0750; they should be 0755

     pathIsNotSecure: pathComponentIsNotSecure(/Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Users/pikula/nases_pikula.tblk, 0755)

I am not happy to soften the permissions to make Tunnelblick work, so I suggest changing the pathIsNotSecure check to allow for more strict permissions than requested. Anyway, I find the relevant code in pathComponentIsNotSecure to be much more complicated than needed:

Could someone please explain the logic behind the series of checks? Wouldn't it be easier to have something like this instead?

if (perms & ~permissionsIfNot002) {
... return YES ...
}

Kind regrads
Milan Pikula

jkbull...gmail.com

Jun 29, 2016, 10:08:42 AM6/29/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, milan...@gmail.com
Hi, Milan. Thanks for bringing this up. I'm not ignoring it; I'm just busy. I will try to respond sometime later this week.