Place near spotlight icon doesn't work

sheridan...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2018, 1:31:54 AM3/15/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I am using High Sierra and the check box for "place near spotlight icon" will not activate even though I have administrative access.

I am running version 10.13.3 of Mac OS with version 3.7.4b of Tunnel blick.

Tunnelblick developer

Mar 15, 2018, 7:12:52 AM3/15/18
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
If you hold the pointer over most of the checkboxes and other controls in Tunnelblick a "help" window will pop up with additional information. For this checkbox, the help window includes the following:

This checkbox is disabled on macOS Sierra because it is not needed, and on systems for which it is known to cause problems.

A link to "More info" in tha window takes you to https://tunnelblick.net/cAppInfoPlaceNearSpotLightIconCheckbox.html, which says:

In macOS Sierra and higher, the user may move the Tunnelblick icon and the other icons on the menu bar by dragging while holding down the "Command" key, so there is no need for this checkbox and it is disabled.