Cannot open Tunneblick

Matshidis

Jun 14, 2018, 5:16:14 AM6/14/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I have used Tunnelblick on my MacBook pro for months without any problem in the past.

I recently switched computers and got new MacBook with High Sierra system. I migrated all my apps which worked fine, except for Tunnelblick. It just would not open. I would click on it and nothing happens, no warning - etc. I then uninstalled it, and tried re-installing the latest version. When i double click, i get asked if i am sure i want to open an application downloaded from the internet - i click yes - nothing happens. I have double checked my settings, its not being blocked by system extension.

I even downloaded the beta version - i just don't get anything. i click on the app, nothing happens.

Tunnelblick developer

Jun 14, 2018, 6:09:17 AM6/14/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I'm sorry you're having this problem. Here are instructions for obtaining information from the macOS log that Tunnelblick writes to:

Please do the following:
  1. Launch /Applications/Utilities/Console.
  2. Click in the "Search" box and type in "Tunnelblick" (without the quotation marks).
  3. Click on the name of your computer in the list on the left.
  4. Click the "Clear" button at the top.
  5. Double click the "Tunnelblick" icon in the disk image that you downloaded from the Internet.
  6. Click "Yes" (or whatever) when asked if you want to run a program downloaded from the Internet.
  7. Wait for a moment to give Tunnelblick a chance to be started.
In Console application again:
  1. Click "Edit", then "Select All"
  2. Click "Edit, then "Copy"
Paste into a reply.

Get Bitcoins Now

Jun 14, 2018, 1:26:13 PM6/14/18
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the support,

I managed to get tunnelblick to work by simply using a different account on the same computer. The same download file just worked under a different account, it seems its not only tunnelblick that is affected - most of the applications that were migrated don't work. I have to re-download them all.

regards,

Tunnelblick developer

Jun 14, 2018, 1:31:11 PM6/14/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I'm glad you got it to work, but it worries me that none most of your applications don't work.

Can you describe how you "migrated" from the old computer to the new one? Did you use the macOS "Migration Assistant"?

On Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 1:26:13 PM UTC-4, Matshidis wrote:
Thank you for the support,

I managed to get tunnelblick to work by simply using a different account on the same computer. The same download file just worked under a different account, it seems its not only tunnelblick that is affected - most of the applications that were migrated don't work. I have to re-download them all.

regards,

Get Bitcoins Now

Jun 14, 2018, 4:55:01 PM6/14/18
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I used the migration assistant.

I was actually being guided by apple support through the whole process.

Regards,