'Place next to Spotlight icon' checkbox is disabled by default

amar

Apr 13, 2014, 1:37:02 AM4/13/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
It worked, in the same OSX 10.9, just fine before I upgraded to newest 3.4 beta22 release today.
Yes, my 'Displays have separate spaces' is checked in the 'Mission Control' preferences but it was so before this upgrade and it worked fine.

[1] http://cl.ly/UyDz

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 13, 2014, 6:44:14 AM4/13/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, er....@gmail.com
Yes. It is disabled and cannot be enabled on OS X 10.9 ("Mavericks").

From the Release Notes:

"On OS X 10.9 ('Mavericks'), forces the Tunnelblick icon to be in the standard status icon position (to the left of other icons at the time Tunnelblick is launched). This is a temporary limitation until a bug in OS X is fixed."

The "private" Apple system call that Tunnelblick uses to implement this feature is broken on Mavericks. Without any indication of an error, sometimes the icon does not show up at all. That is so misleading (Tunnelblick is running, but there is no icon to tell the user that, an no icon to click on to control it) that I decided to disable the behavior until the problem (in OS X) is fixed -- if ever.

han...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2016, 8:17:13 PM3/1/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, er....@gmail.com
This also appears to be a problem on Yosemite 10.10.5 -- checkbox is disabled after I updated OS.