Displaying time connected and the words "connected" next to icon

lee.w...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 3:17:36 PM11/3/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi all, is it possible using TunnelBlick to display the word Connected when you ARE connected and also the time you're connected abit like a count up clock. I currently have this set up on my Yosemite Disk using PPTP and it displays this info which I find very useful, it just makes sense.

I would rather use TunnelBlick for better security and the routing of data through port 443.

I am using TunnelBlick on my Mavericks disk and just wondered if this is possible and if it is how to do it.

TIA

jkbull...gmail.com

Nov 3, 2015, 3:36:17 PM11/3/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
Tunnelblick shows the connected time (and other information) in a "notification window". See the "Appearance" panel on the "VPN Details" window to control its use. The default is for the window to appear when you hover over the Tunnelblick icon.

Tunnelblick shows the connected/disconnected/connecting/disconnecting status as an image in the status bar (the right side of the menu bar). None of the current image sets (called "icon sets") includes words; they are all straight images. You pick the icon set you want Tunnelblick to use on the "Appearance" panel.

You could create your own images which include those words (or anything else). Then you could use those images instead of the ones that Tunnelblick provides and put them in /Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Shared/IconSets/XXXX. (Where "XXXX" is the name you want the icon set to be known by.) See Icon Animation for details. If you create such a set, please send it to me for possible inclusion in Tunnelblick's "User Contributed Downloads".