Window Open on Login

rsim...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 11:14:33 AM4/29/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
After I login, the tunnelblick preferences window opens after the tunnelblick splash screen. I see a config checkbox to stop the splash screen from opening on login, but I don't see a way to prevent the preferences window from opening every time I login.

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 11:30:16 AM4/29/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, rsim...@gmail.com
The "VPN Details" window should not automatically open when Tunnelblick is launched.

It should open when you try to launch Tunnelblick and it is already open. (This is a convenient, one-click way to open the window if you have Tunnelblick in the Dock.)

You didn't mention what version of Tunnelblick you are using, but I will assume it is a fairly recent version. If not, you should update it.

I think that Tunnelblick is being launched twice when you log in. Please try the following:
  1. Quit Tunnelblick
  2. Logout
  3. Log back in
Tunnelblick should not be launched automatically. If it is, you have something (a login item, perhaps, in the "Users and Groups" System Preference) that is causing it to be launched, and you should disable that.

Tunnelblick launches itself automatically when you log in if, and only if, it was running when you last logged out (or shut down or restarted the computer, which logs you out first). You do not need to manually add a login item, and you shouldn't do so.

If you have a Tunnelblick login item, that item launches Tunnelblick when you log in. And then Tunnelblick launches itself, too (via a "LaunchAgent"). Or perhaps the sequence is the other way around, but the result is that Tunnelblick is launched twice and the second launch causes the "VPN Details" window to appear.

jkbull...gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 11:32:21 AM4/29/16

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 11:30:16 AM UTC-4, jkbull...gmail.com wrote:

It should open when you try to launch Tunnelblick and it is already open. (This is a convenient, one-click way to open the window if you have Tunnelblick in the Dock.)

Sorry, this should have said "It should open when you try to launch Tunnelblick and Tunnelblick is already running."