stop starting tunnelbrick at startup (appear in osx upper bar)

tof...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2017, 2:54:54 PM8/30/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hello, I would to stop TB to start with my mac. Just start it when needed as any other sofware.
It does not appear in the pref pannel/user/open and I do not see option in TB itself.
Does someone have an idea of what to do ?

best regards,

Tunnelblick developer

Aug 30, 2017, 3:08:10 PM8/30/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
Just quit Tunnelblick before you log out.

Details:

First, a nit-pick: Tunnelblick will never launch when your Mac starts up, but it will start when you log in (you may be logged in automatically after starting your Mac, of course, which can make it appear that Tunnelblick starts when the computer starts.)

When you log in, Tunnelblick should launch, if and only if:
    1. It was running when you last logged out (or shut down or restarted your computer, which log you out automatically before shutting down or restarting);
    2. A process with "openvpn" in its name is running; or
    3. A process with "tunnelblick-helper" in its name is running.
#1 is the usual situation. #2 and #3 happen only if you have one or more Tunnelblick configurations set up to "Connect when computer starts".

Note: from your question, the following doesn't appear to be your situation, but I want to mention it:

Not recommended, but if you have added Tunnelblick to your "Login Items" (in System Preferences : Users & Groups), it will launch when you log in because of that, and if any of #1,#2, or #2 are also true, it will cause Tunnelblick to launch a second time, which will cause Tunnelblick to display the "VPN Details" window.

tof...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2017, 3:21:52 PM8/30/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
OK thanks i will check this. In fact I was using expressvpn. I installed tunnel brick to check. Looks good (so i did not uninstalled it)  but as i have to import profile and my mac is old, I avoid unised things loading.