Verry poor speed VS Openvpn GUI for Windows

PC-Services

Feb 27, 2015, 6:29:38 PM2/27/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I'm facing a really bad/SLOW speed communication with Tunnelblick.
I was thinking this is my server and his gateway problem, but in fact it isn't.
I made some test with other client Open VPN on windows machine, & they rocks!
The server is an Synology RS814RP+ and he got a gateway with internet provider that offer 8Mb/s upload speed -- 200Mb/s download speed.
If i open a tiny word file (120kb) to edit straight from the server (SMB protocols on UDP tunnel), no problem, it take less than 15 sec to be open and in editing mode.
BUT if i try to open a more heavy word file (5MB) then the problems start.
I can see into the connection status window that the speed up/Dwn of the tunnel doesn't give a chance to reach better than 30kb/sec
this slow speed freeze completely the word application and i need to force quit the apps to unlock the situation (or wait a decade before i can edit and work on the document)
I can easily navigate in all the folders and open some PDF files even they are 5MB size (but in fact these one are just in read mode & not editing).
I had try to disable the vpn compression, disable the cipher, push manually the dns from the server to the tunnelblick, but nothing change the done, still between 15Kb/s and 30kb/s communication
during the open files.
The tunnel use UDP...
Can somebody get this experience too and found a solution ?

Help.

PC-Services

Feb 27, 2015, 6:37:50 PM2/27/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
sorry, i forgot to put the conf. file
here is it:

dev tun
tls-client

remote xxxxxxxxxx

#redirect-gateway

# dhcp-option DNS: To set primary domain name server address.
# Repeat this option to set secondary DNS server addresses.

dhcp-option DNS 8.8.8.8

pull

proto udp

script-security 2

ca ca_bundle.crt

;ns-cert-type server

;cipher BF-CBC

comp-lzo

reneg-sec 0

auth-user-pass

auth-nocache

i don't have any log file in hand for the moment
but if this one is absolutely needed, i will provide it.

jkbull...gmail.com

Feb 27, 2015, 7:01:36 PM2/27/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
This might be some kind of packet breakage or something like that. You might try setting the MTU. You can easily run an MTU test by checking the 'Run MTU maximum size test after connecting" checkbox on the "While Connected" tab of the "Advanced" settings for the configuration.

Otherwise, it might help to follow the instructions at Read Before You Post. That will provide much more info about what is going on than the configuration and log.