Problems with openvpn_

Molina-Bulla Harold

Dec 14, 2015, 9:08:17 PM12/14/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johnatan:

I have problems with the openvpn_2.3_git_80442ae. When try to activate the VPN, it does not work and says:

Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in config.ovpn:6: pull (2.3_git_80442ae)
Use --help for more information.

Where my config file is:

client
dev tun
remote-random
remote AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD 443 tcp
remote AAA.BBB.CCC.EEE 443 tcp
pull dhcp-options <- problematic line
resolv-retry 60
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca tsc2.pem
pkcs12 client.p12
remote-cert-tls server
cipher AES-256-CBC
verb 2
tls-auth ta.key 1
script-security 2
auth-nocache
tun-ipv6
topology subnet
tcp-queue-limit 2048
sndbuf  1048576
rcvbuf   1048576
tls-client
tls-version-min 1.2
comp-lzo yes

This configuration works well with 2.3.8 (and before).

The openvpn --help binary says it supports --pull command line……

I think it is a git version problem, not Tunnelblick.

One suggestion: the versions labeled as “Default” and “Latest” should be stable versions, to avoid problems with experimental software. And these experimental versions could be included in the list for users who wants to use.

Best regards.

Harold

- "¿Existe el Gran Hermano?" - Winston
- "Claro que existe. El Partido existe. El Gran Hermano es la
  encarnación del partido." - O'Brien
- "¿Existe en el mismo sentido en que yo existo?" - Winston
- "Tú no existes." - O'Brien

George Orwell (1984)
Recuerda: PRISM te está vigilando!!! X)
Y tu no existes!!!
Harold Molina-Bulla Ph.D.
h.mo...@gmail.org
Clave GnuPG: 9D781176

jkbull...gmail.com

Dec 14, 2015, 9:45:37 PM12/14/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
Hi back at you, Harold:

The problem is that the configuration has an error:

The "pull" option does not take any parameters. It should be
pull
not
pull pull dhcp-options

Earlier versions of OpenVPN ignored extra parameters; but a recent commit to the source code (for the master branch only) catches such errors and complains. Tunnelblick includes several versions of OpenVPN, so you can use an earlier version or you can fix your configuration file.

As to making default and latest versions both be "stable" versions of OpenVPN, I'll think about that. The original reason I made the "latest" version be the git-master version is to help people find problems like this and encourage people who are adventurous to use it.

Clave GnuPG: 9D781176

Molina-Bulla Harold

Dec 14, 2015, 10:22:11 PM12/14/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Oh Gosh!!!

You are right about pull option. I apologise!!!

Thanks for your help!!

H.