How to get Tunnelblick active on all my Mac user logings for my family members

Sherrie

Jan 25, 2016, 5:50:57 PM1/25/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
When i set this up there was an option for Tunnelblick to be used for all the User profiles on my Mac. As i was testing i chose to just have it on my user name.

How do i now get it to be active on all the users on my Mac?

jkbull...gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 5:57:04 PM1/25/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
First, make the configuration(s) shared:
  1. Open Tunnelblick's "VPN Details" window.
  2. Click to select the configuration(s) that you want to do this for in the list on the left.
  3. Click on the little "gear" button at the bottom of the list.
  4. Click on "Make Configuration Shared".
  5. Enter an admin username/password when asked.
Then each user that launches Tunnelblick will see the configuration(s).

Notes:
  • Tunnelblick is located in /Applications and can be launched via a double-click. If it is already running, a double-click will open the "VPN Details" window.

  • If it is running when the user logs out, it will be relaunched when the user next logs in.

jkbull...gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 5:59:18 PM1/25/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
Oh, and only Tunnelblick 3.6beta18 can select more than one configuration at a time (in step 2) -- 3.5.5 can't do that. You do that by the standard OS X methods: click on one, then Shift-click to select all configurations between the two, or  Command-click to select or deselect a configuration without disturbing the already-selected configurations.

Sherrie

Jan 26, 2016, 4:12:57 AM1/26/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
I checked and i have 3.5.5
I have tried to check for updates but it comes up with an error and says try again later.

Im new to this and would appreciate a bit more instruction for how to share this connection using the standard OSX method.
"Click on one,"  click one what and where?
Im sorry but i dont understand where i should be and what i should be doing.
Your help is appreciated

jkbull...gmail.com

Jan 26, 2016, 9:55:14 AM1/26/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
If you have 3.5.5, that's fine, but I am troubled by your description that when you check for updates it "comes up with an error and says try again later." That should not be happening and may indicate some other problem. Please try again and reply with the error message (or a screenshot of it, if that is easier for you).

I'm sorry I wasn't clear: there isn't a "standard OS X method" of sharing VPN configurations. There is a "standard OS X method" of selecting more than one item in a list.

If you have only one configuration, you can ignore this. It only applies if you have more than one configuration and want to select more than one of them at the same time. Two sources of info on this are:
Both describe selecting files in a Finder window, but you can use the same methods when selecting configurations from the list on the left of Tunnelblick's "VPN Details" window.