Tunnelblick hangs at startup after upgrade to Mac OS X 10.11.2

Ian Boardman

Dec 17, 2015, 11:07:40 AM12/17/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
I had successfully been using Tunnelblick 3.5.4 on my Macbook running Yosemite and later El Capitan OS 10.11.1.  Then I updated per Apple Software Updater.  Now I have OS 10.11.2, and Tunnelblick hangs at startup, with the little window saying "Starting Tunnelblick..." and a spinning disk.

So, I downloaded and ran Tunnelblick Uninstall successfully. I downloaded Tunnelblick 3.5.5 (build 4270.4461) and ran it from the mounted disk image, and it also installed OK. This did not solve the problem. Still hangs at start up.

jkbull...gmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 11:40:44 AM12/17/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
Please post, or email me privately at my Gmail address, jkbullard, output from the EtreCheck program.

It would also help to know if the problem happens if you launch Tunnelblick immedately after restarting your computer, or only after your computer has been running for a while without using Tunnelblick.

Ian Boardman

Dec 17, 2015, 6:04:30 PM12/17/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 11:40:44 AM UTC-5, jkbull...gmail.com wrote:
Please post, or email me privately at my Gmail address, jkbullard, output from the EtreCheck program.

Attached.

It would also help to know if the problem happens if you launch Tunnelblick immedately after restarting your computer, or only after your computer has been running for a while without using Tunnelblick.

The latter.  I will reboot and see about the first case.
EtreCheck-diagnostics-151217.rtf

ad...@kensho.com

Dec 29, 2015, 4:19:03 PM12/29/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
Same issue here.    Seems to work fine immediately after a reboot, but on the second connection it hangs, and killing and restarting gives a spinning beach ball while trying to start the application

jkbull...gmail.com

Dec 29, 2015, 4:38:05 PM12/29/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, ad...@kensho.com
Adam, are you using the latest Tunnelblick 3.6beta18?

Adam Broun

Dec 29, 2015, 4:57:56 PM12/29/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, jkbull...gmail.com
No, let me try that, thanks

--
Adam Broun

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information and any attachments contained in this e-mail correspondence is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, duplication, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon this correspondence is strictly prohibited. If you received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender by phone or e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the correspondence.

Adam Broun

Dec 29, 2015, 5:25:38 PM12/29/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, jkbull...gmail.com
Seems much better thanks!

--
Adam Broun

CONFIDENTIALITY: The information and any attachments contained in this e-mail correspondence is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, duplication, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance upon this correspondence is strictly prohibited. If you received this correspondence in error, please notify the sender by phone or e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the correspondence.

aboile...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2016, 2:30:54 PM7/23/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, isb...@gmail.com

Tunnelblick 3.6.6beta02
 (build 4581, OS X 10.6.8+, Intel-64 only) released 2016-07-18
did the trick.
mac mini

System Version: OS X 10.11.4 (15E65)

  Kernel Version: Darwin 15.4.0