New user in the dark

costliest

Mar 5, 2014, 8:21:48 AM3/5/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
New user with zero IT skill, but desperate to watch UK TV from overseas . Have installed Tunnelblick (not easy and still not sure if all ok) and signed up with Server company (easy!!! they take your money as well). Presently in UK, and system appears to function, but how do I check that it is doing 'what it says on the tin'??. - I can see the tunnel ICON next to 'finder', goes yellow. But how do I verify myself that the full system, internet access, online server, and destination site/s can all 'talk to me'??. Or do I need someone else to do that for me??. How do I ensure that system knows that I want to 'arrive' at blocked UK sites - like BBC TV etc.?? Or do I just trust that the system works as expected, and not bother too much about anything and just let the system find whatever site/s I search for??. I want to check before I go overseas. If anyone needs more info let me know. Thanks, costliest 05mar2014.

jkbull...gmail.com

Mar 5, 2014, 10:45:39 AM3/5/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, cost...@gmail.com
You should contact tech support for your Server Company. Have them step you through the process of setting Tunnelblick to "Check that the apparent public IP address changed when connected" and seeing if the IP address changes.

costliest

Mar 5, 2014, 4:01:04 PM3/5/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the advice and I will follow up as you suggested. costliest 05mar2014.

erhardt

Apr 18, 2014, 12:11:30 PM4/18/14
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
You can also use http://ip-check.info/?lang=en to see if your IP has changed....