Tunnelblick crash on launch, fatal signal 10

spoc...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015, 1:58:22 PM11/28/15
to tunnelblick-discuss
I'm trying to run Tunnelblick on an older iMac, PPC, running Mac OS X Server 10.4.11.  Shortly after launching Tunnelblick.app, a number of dialog boxes appear (Welcome to Tunnelblick, Check for Updates, Create Sample config) and I get an error saying:

Tunnelblick encountered a fatal error.

Reinstalling Tunnelblick may fix this problem.  The
problem was:

Received fatal signal 10.

Followed by buttons to quit or download Tunnelblick.  I've seen signals 5 and 11 too, but it's usually 10.  I can't get any further to actually set up anything before the crash, and it brings up the setup dialogs every time I launch.  I tried with the latest stable release 3.5.4, and beta 3.6beta14, with the same results.  I don't see any files in /Library/Application Support/Tunnelblick/Logs/ but there are some messages in the console and crashreporter.

console.log: http://pastie.org/private/hbjh2so5oi8ppcyt1t81ua
Crash Reporter log of last run: http://pastie.org/private/ydociwf56gonchk7n7fkvg

This is a fairly slow machine, given its age and that it's running off an ersatz SSD (Compact Flash card), and I access it over VNC.  IDK if that's relevant, but it's not a normal iMac anymore.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

jkbull...gmail.com

Nov 28, 2015, 3:42:20 PM11/28/15
to tunnelblick-discuss, spoc...@gmail.com
Thanks to your very detailed description, I think I have found the problem and figured out a solution.

Email me privately at my gmail address, jkbullard if you would like a link to download a pre-release version of Tunnelblick which will (I think) solve the problem. I'd be grateful if you could try it out before I bake it into a release.

jo...@lyvr.nl

May 8, 2017, 7:02:17 AM5/8/17
to tunnelblick-discuss, spoc...@gmail.com
Please, Can you help me further, I'm facing the same problem at a macmini PPC running latest 10.4.11.

Thanks, Johan.

Tunnelblick developer

May 8, 2017, 7:11:05 AM5/8/17
to tunnelblick-discuss, jo...@lyvr.nl
Are you using the correct version of Tunnelblick for that 12-year-old version of OS X?

You should be using Tunnelblick 3.5.12. It can be found on Tunnelblick's Deprecated Downloads page.

Johan de Groot

May 8, 2017, 7:24:33 AM5/8/17
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thats the One.

Met hartelijke groet,

Johan de Groot
Architect

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone.

Tunnelblick developer

May 8, 2017, 7:31:31 AM5/8/17
to tunnelblick-discuss, jo...@lyvr.nl
Make sure you have verified the download.

Then please post the information that "drew G" provided: the Console Log and Crash Report (if there is one).