I don't know what password it keeps asking for

JaneL

May 3, 2018, 8:45:24 PM5/3/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I am asked for a user name and password. I have no idea what they are. I saved user name comes up, starting with s and then some numbers. Maybe that is my user name but I haven't a clue what the password is. How would I find that? I came to Tunnelblick from StrongVPN and I do not know anything about open vpn or even what it is. I just need a US address.
Thanks, Jane

Tunnelblick developer

May 3, 2018, 8:49:19 PM5/3/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Jane, you need to contact your VPN service provider. That is the organization which gave you your configuration files, and perhaps a username and password, and to which you are probably paying a fee for VPN service. For more information, please see  Getting VPN Service.

Tunnelblick is just the free software that many VPN service providers recommend or supply to their customers. We do not provide VPN service, just software.