Connection to https://tunnelblick.net via Tor

sheridan...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 5:52:58 PM4/20/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Do you allow connections to your web site "https://tunnelblick.net" from Tor browsers?

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 20, 2018, 5:55:47 PM4/20/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Yes, unless it is blocked by our web host (but I have no idea why they would do that, so I don't think they would).

sheridan...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 7:07:47 PM4/20/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
It does appear to be blocked from Tor. I have not been abe to connect to your site using version 7.5.3 of Tor.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 20, 2018, 7:59:14 PM4/20/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
Well, Tor can be blocked at many places before it ever gets to our website. That's most likely what's happening.

But I have put in a ticket to ask our hosting company about it.

There is a mirror of our website (which is updated only when we do releases), located on GitHub at https://tunnelblick.github.io. It is generally reasonably up-to-date because we don't usually make a lot of changes to the site except when we do a release. Please report back whether or not that works.

Tunnelblick developer

Apr 20, 2018, 8:01:52 PM4/20/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I also came upon Breaking through censorship barriers, even when Tor is blocked, which might be of interest.

sheridan...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2018, 2:18:54 PM4/26/18
to tunnelblick-discuss
I can access https://tunnelblick.github.io via tor browser but not "https://tunnelblick.net