Suggestion: when Tunnelblick accidentally cuts out, have screen notification

3mi...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 6:36:22 AM1/10/17
to tunnelblick-discuss
Tunnelblick often cuts out without me realising it. It's only when, in the middle of work, I glance at the top right corner icon, and I realise it has cut out. This can be serious if I am on a public network transmitting confidential data. I need to know instantly when Tunnelblick has cut out, so I can immediately restore the session. But when I busy working I do not often glance at the right hand icon. That is why I suggest that there be a scree notification when Tunnelblick cuts out inadvertently.

Tunnelblick developer

Jan 10, 2017, 6:57:50 AM1/10/17
to tunnelblick-discuss, 3mi...@gmail.com
Thanks for your suggestion.

When you say "Tunnelblick often cuts off" I assume you mean that the VPN becomes disconnected even though you didn't tell Tunnelblick to disconnect.

That should not be happening. You should investigate what is making OpenVPN disconnect the VPN.

You can be notified when OpenVPN tells Tunnelblick that that has happened. Set up a sound to play when the VPN is unexpectedly disconnected. That setting is on the  "Sounds" tab of Tunnelblick's "Advanced" settings window. If you change it, the change will be applied to all of the configurations that are selected on  the left side of the "Configurations" tab of Tunnelblick's "VPN Details" window. Instead of a sound, you can have Tunnelblick say "ABC VPN has disconnected", where "ABC VPN" is the name of the configuration.

That said, I will look into adding a notification, too.