Change Tunnelblick language

Adamarron

Feb 17, 2015, 8:24:11 AM2/17/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

would it be possible to set the default language to "English" when TunnelBlick start ?
I saw no choice during downloading or installing ?
Then it would be easier to read the native english doc and find menu, button, and other config element...
Automatic translation sound strange "Cesser de fumer Tunnelblick" mean "stop smoking tunnelblick" LOL

Thanks

jkbull...gmail.com

Feb 17, 2015, 9:15:58 AM2/17/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, rcollet...@gmail.com
Applications on a Mac, including Tunnelblick, use the Mac's System Preferences settings. In the "Languages & Text" panel you drag and drop languages to put them in the order you wish. If an application does not include your top language, the next language down is used. If the application doesn't have that, the next one down after that is used, etc.

Tunnelblick is open source -- free -- and if you can help refine the translations, we would be glad to have your help. Email me privately (my Gmail address is jkbullard) for more info about helping.

jkbull...gmail.com

Feb 17, 2015, 9:40:30 AM2/17/15
to tunnelbli...@googlegroups.com, rcollet...@gmail.com
However:

There is a way to change the languages for a particular application (such as Tunnelblick) without modifying your System Preferences. See http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20061001065101830. (Note that only the original article's method still works; the methods described in the comments no longer work -- the original article is 8 years old.)

The preferences file for Tunnelblick is /Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Preferences/net.tunnelblick.tunnelblick.plist.

You should close Tunnelblick before modifying this file.