Nighthawk X6 Config - Tunnelblick could not find a 'tun' or 'tap' option in the OpenVPN configuration file

murphw...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 4:15:36 PM3/22/16
to tunnelblick-discuss
Just setup the VPN on my new Nighthawk X6 and downloaded the config files (ca.crt, client.crt, client.key, and client2.conf.  Copied files to /user/Library/application support/tunnelblick/configurations.

Double-clicked the conf file to install and when I try to connect it says: Tunnelblick could not find a 'tun' or 'tap' option in the OpenVPN configuration file

Config file contains the following:

client
dev tap
proto udp
remote xxx.mynetgear.com 12974
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
ca ca.crt
cert client.crt
key client.key
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo
verb 5

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciate, thank you in advance!

jkbull...gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 4:19:27 PM3/22/16
to tunnelblick-discuss, murphw...@gmail.com
See this post.

If that doesn't solve your problem, please post the info you get from following the instructions at Read Before You Post.