Customizing themes is not working

Melanie Cortes

Nov 6, 2011, 11:37:10 PM11/6/11
to Tumblr Themes
I went to "customize appearance" for a new blog. I already have one
blog up and running and customized it to my heart's content. However,
the new window for customizing is freezing, not saving anything, not
moving... I'm not sure if it has to do with my browser (I use the
newest version of Explorer), or if it's something that Tumblr messed
up when changing the customization screen. If it's the former, then
Tumblr should rectify so I can use the customization page with any
browser. I don't feel like changing my browser just because Tumblr's
customization page is acting up. Why did you change it to begin with?
It was fine and we were all used to it. Thank goodness I haven't
bought a theme yet. How would I customize it after spending the
$50?! I can't even put in the description for the new blog! It simply
won't save. This is very frustrating.

LEIRA

Nov 7, 2011, 3:20:58 AM11/7/11
to Tumblr Themes
mine either wont work and Im trying my best to strengthen my patience
since the theme I used was all mess up!

TalyssonOC

Nov 7, 2011, 6:20:16 AM11/7/11
to Tumblr Themes
I'm having some trouble with the new "Customize" too. But, you can use
the "old" customize.

Just acess: http://www.tumblr.com/customize-classic/NAME_OF_YOUR_TUMBLR

Eric Bentley

Nov 8, 2011, 9:26:17 PM11/8/11
to Tumblr Themes
IE is partially to blame, it doesn't fully support CSS3 that the new
customization tool utilizes. However, I'm using Chrome, and am also
experience save issues and size issues. I am able to change and save
on occasion though. What you can do for a temporary fix is revert to
the classic customization tool by changing the url from

http://www.tumblr.com/customize/YOURBLOGNAME

http://www.tumblr.com/customize-classic/YOURBLOGNAME

Try doing this and see if that fixes some of the issues you're having.
Apart from that, we all just have to shoot an email to Tumblr support
and wait it out

flyins...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2012, 11:29:52 AM7/28/12
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com, rebel...@yahoo.com
Mine always says:'We need to verify your email by clicking the link we sent." i dont even get the mail in the first place!

Derek Phillips

Jul 28, 2012, 12:05:49 PM7/28/12
to flyins...@gmail.com, tumblr...@googlegroups.com, rebel...@yahoo.com
Have you tried a different browser simply to troubleshoot your issue? IE is obviously the most notorious browser out there from a developer standards point of view. Cross browser compatibility is probably the most frustrating aspect of web development, and as such, my advice is to check your code against IE and at least Mozilla or Chrome as well.

Sean Zhu

Jul 28, 2012, 4:55:57 PM7/28/12
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com, rebel...@yahoo.com
Try clicking resend email… do you receive an email afterwards?

Yamaga...@yahoo.com

Aug 11, 2012, 9:10:18 PM8/11/12
to tumblr...@googlegroups.com, flyins...@gmail.com, rebel...@yahoo.com, rhub...@gmail.com
What I ended up doing was hitting the "Update preview" button, then closing it without hitting save and it miraculously worked when everything else had failed.