I have created a Tumblr App on my account, now how do I add this app to other accounts so I can post on their behalf too, can I do that with API?

Web Artisan

Jul 7, 2017, 6:38:16 PM7/7/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
I have created a Tumblr App on my account, now how do I add this app to other accounts so I can post on their behalf too, can I do that with API?

Michael Ceyko

Jul 9, 2017, 4:05:10 PM7/9/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello,

You can use any of our API Client Libraries to help you with this. The API uses a standard OAuth1.0a flow, which allows users to login with your application, after which you can make posts on their behalf.

I've also put together a simple terminal-based OAuth login flow you can use to get started with the tumblr.php library. You might be able to use this as a starting point to starting to let other users login with your application.

Regards,
Mike Ceyko