301 Moved Permanently error

BrandonBaker

Oct 19, 2016, 1:47:19 PM10/19/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
All of a sudden I am getting a 301 error when trying to get a user's trying to get request tokens in order to get the authorization url. Is the Tumblr API down by chance?

Brandon

BrandonBaker

Oct 19, 2016, 1:48:35 PM10/19/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Sorry for the typo. I am getting a 301 error when trying to get request tokens for a user. This isn't allowing me to get the authorization url.

BrandonBaker

Oct 19, 2016, 7:32:38 PM10/19/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
It would appear my API constants were using HTTP and I needed HTTPS. Problem solved!

Michael Ceyko

Oct 20, 2016, 5:01:35 PM10/20/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey Brandon,

Thanks for bringing this up. We were indeed having an issue with OAuth requests over http. It should now be resolved.

However, please do continue to use https. The use of http with our OAuth server is currently deprecated.

Regards,
Mike Ceyko