How to retrieve recent tumblr blogs data of user in tumblr

bunnys...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2017, 11:49:03 PM1/3/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
I was using this api http://api.tumblr.com/v2/blog/peacecorps.tumblr.com/posts?feature_type=everything&notes_info=true&reblog_info=true&api_key=your_api_key to retrieve blogs data of the user in tumblr. I am getting the 20 posts done by that user but, I am not getting recent posts made by the user. How to get those?? Is there any streaming API to get the latest posts i.e., whenever a user made a new post/blog then I should able to get those recent posts also. Can anyone help me out

Michael Ceyko

Jan 4, 2017, 10:56:45 AM1/4/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hello,

You are already using the correct call. The /v2/blog/{hostname}/posts route will always retrieve the most recent 20 posts by default. (As a side note, `feature_type=everything` is unnecessary here; it only works on /v2/tagged.)

The only streaming api available is the Tumblr Firehose, however this is a full stream of all tumblr posts created. It also is not free to use, unlike the REST API. Please contact Tumblr Support if you'd like to find out more about it.

Regards,
Mike Ceyko

bunnys...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 7:15:23 AM1/10/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Thank you Michael for your response. But I am not getting the recent posts of the user.From the day I have started the same 20posts are visible. But when I go through that users posts/blogs I can see the update posts which I am not able to retrieve those. Can you please suggest me how to get those ??

Regards,
Bunny Sunny.

bunnys...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2017, 11:39:28 PM1/10/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hai Michael,

                I didn't found any valuable information regarding  " tumblr firehose api ". Can you please share me the links or information that you know regarding tumblr firehose api.

Michael Ceyko

Mar 7, 2017, 3:30:23 PM3/7/17
to Tumblr API Discussion
Sorry for the long delay, but are you still able to reproduce this issue? I've checked again on my end, and manually verified that the first 5 posts in the API call you specified are identical to the first 5 posts on http://peacecorps.tumblr.com/archive.

To answer your other question, the Tumblr Firehose is our real-time streaming service which allows you to receive all posts created on Tumblr. However, it is not free like the Tumblr API. I unfortunately do not have much information about its sale, though if you fill out the form and ask at https://www.tumblr.com/support, they should be able to direct you to the right place.