Posting Photo with link via API

José Enrique González Modecir

Apr 23, 2016, 5:05:32 AM4/23/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hi,

I'm triying to post photo posts to my blog with links to my site (photo should be linked) but I'm getting a "unauthorized" response back.
With the same credentials I can post the same photo post, but without link and it works.

Anyone having the same issue?

Cheers

Jose E.

matteo bononi

Apr 27, 2016, 5:54:57 AM4/27/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
I had a similar issue, but with photoset and oauth signature, take a look at this conversation if you like, maybe there are some tips you can use:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36747697/oauth-signature-creation-issue-with-php-posting-photoset-to-tumblr

Michael Ceyko

Apr 28, 2016, 10:50:37 AM4/28/16
to Tumblr API Discussion
Jose, do you have an example code? I've just tested this functionality and can create linked photo posts without issue. Here's the (abridged) request I made:

POST /v2/blog/your-blog-name.tumblr.com/post HTTP/1.1
type=photo&source=http%3A%2F%2Fplacehold.it%2F500x500&link=https%3A%2F%2Fplacehold.it

If its hard to see, I just have a type (post type), source (where the image is hosted), and link (the clickthrough location), and use the normal OAuth 1.0a signature.

Regards,
Mike Ceyko