Why is the api follow rate limit lower than normal browser usage?

gringodli mancholish

Dec 1, 2015, 3:43:27 PM12/1/15
to Tumblr API Discussion
You can follow 200 user per day in the browser yet you are only allowed to follow 60 at a time with the api.

I understand that they want to limit you following thousands but it seems non sensical to make it lower than the browser limit.

At least make it the same.

It is now pointless for me to use the api over the browser for the tasks I wanted.

Michael Ceyko

Dec 14, 2015, 12:22:38 PM12/14/15
to Tumblr API Discussion
Hey Gringodli,

This is set as such for spam-mitigating purposes. However, you do make a good point that we also have a global limit of 200/day. We'll definitely consider this.

Regards,
-Mike